DELICIOUS BLAZING SALMON
À LA CARELIA GRILL
- 2 salmon fillets (approx. 700 grams per fillet)
- 1 tsp. of fine salt per fillet
- seasoning to taste, e.g., black pepper, lemon juice, mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp. of melted butter
1. Season the fillets on the meat side only about 2 hours before cooking.
2. Remove the steel frames of the blazing boards and place the boards in water for about 30 minutes before you start cooking the salmon. This prevents both the fish skin from sticking to the surface of the board and the unnecessary darkening of the board.
3. Place the fillet on the blazing board, skin side down to the board and the tail side up. Bend the blazing board’s steel frame, insert it into the board and press tightly against the fish. Then, lift the board onto its rack at the edge of the fireplace/fire bowl.
4. Blazing time is 1–2 hours on a medium fire, depending on the size of the fish. The fire should not be too large as the fish may dry during cooking. The size of the fire is suitable when you can hold your hand between the fire and the blazing board for 10 seconds.
5. Towards the end of blazing, brush the fillets with melted butter to create a beautiful, crispy surface.
6. Serve the blazing salmon as is or with side dishes like potatoes and fresh salad.