DELICIOUS CARELIA GRILL
BLAZED SALMON RECIPE
2 pcs salmon fillet, approx. 700 grams 1 tsp. of fine salt per fillet
Seasoning to taste, for example, black pepper 2 tbsp. of melted butter
1. Salt the fillets approximately 2 hours before cooking
2. Soak the blazing boards in water for approximately
30 minutes before you begin blazing. This prevents
the fish skin sticking to the wood and unnecessary
tarnishing of the wood.
3. Place the fillet on the blazing board, skin against
the wood and the tail up. Bend the blazing board’s
steel frame, insert it into the board and press tightly
against the fish. After this, place the board into the
holder by the fireplace.
4. Blazing time is 1–2 hours on a medium fire,
depending on the size of the fish. The fire should not
be too large as the fish may dry during cooking. The
size of the fire is suitable when you can hold your hand
between the fire and the blazing board for 10 seconds.
5. Towards the end of blazing, brush the fillets with
melted butter to create a beautiful, crispy surface.
6. Serve the blazed salmon as is or with side dishes
like potatoes and fresh salad.